When registering coupons, select [On special events (Birthday)].
1. [Advanced Mode] - Go to[Promotions>Coupons>Create coupon] on your admin page.
[Smart Mode] - Go to[Promotions>Coupons]and click [Create coupon].
2. Choose [Auto-issued coupon] for [Coupon issuance type] and click [On special events (Birthdays)]. You can also change the options for [Issue coupons for] and [Eligible customer level].
3. When you have completed all your changes, click [Save].
Criteria for issuing special event coupons (Birthday)
1. Coupons are automatically issued if there is no record of the same coupon type being issued that year.
2. If a customer modifies their special event date after a special event coupon has already been issued, the system will check whether the same coupon type has been issued. If no coupon has been issued, the system will issue a coupon.
- If the same coupon type has been registered more than once, only one coupon will be issued. (The coupon with the smallest coupon number will be issued.)
- If a Birthday coupon and Wedding anniversary coupon have been registered, a total of two coupons will be issued to the customer.
- The next coupon will be issued starting 365 days after the previous issuance date, therefore preventing any coupons being reissued if customers change their special event date. e.g. If a customer creates an account in 2018 with their special event day registered as January 30 and receives their coupon that year, even if they change their special event date to May 1, they will not receive an extra coupon as they have already received one in 2018. They will therefore receive their next special event coupon on May 1, 2019.
3. For special event coupons that are valid for a year or more, a second coupon will not be issued if a customer already holds a coupon of the same type for more than one year.
Please sign in to leave a comment.